My colleague and I wanted to wrap together a summary of our professional learning from this school year.
We landed on a wordcloud concept.
The keywords or buzzwords were written on decks of playing cards in sharpie. The decks were 1$ each from a local dollar store.
Some thoughts ….
- There are a tonne of buzzwords in EDU.
- Some of them we couldn’t clearly define.
- We made it to 162 words (3 decks) in less than 30 minutes.
- Both of us reviewed our journals, social media feeds, and anecdotal notes to get authentic representation from 2016-2017.
- The volume of terms was overwhelming.
- Ice breaker in PD sessions
- Flashcard keyword review
- Schema disruption / concept building – what happens when three random cards are forced to create meaning
- Card values could be blended into provocations ie find another 9 or Q
Let me know where you go with this.